Heat transfer fins are manufactured with a progressive stamping process that folds sheet metals into fin stacks that can be utilized in a number of solutions to increase surface area for improved cooling. The ability to vary the material, configuration, thickness, and density of heat transfer fins is vital to the success of a number of thermal management technologies including heat exchangers, heat sinks, and vacuum brazed cold plates. Flexibility in materials and geometries allows us to provide a wide variety of Aavid heat transfer fin options to suit application requirements.
With over 3,000 fin configurations and custom manufacturing capabilities, these fins can be supplied separately or as part of an integrated, fully optimized cooling solution.
-Lanced & Offset Fins
- Stainless Steel
- Nickel Alloys
- Other metals available in sheet formats
|Fin Thickness:||0.001 - 0.040 in. (0.025 mm - 1 mm)|
|Max. Fin Height:||3.93 in. (100 mm)|
|Max. Fin Density:||over 50 fins per in.|
|Unlimited Flow Lengths|
|Unlimited Flow Widths|
- • Ideal for lightweight solutions, such as aerospace and military applications
- • Minimizes material use while maximizing surface area for higher thermal transfer
- • Folded Fins perform best when brazed or soldered into an assembly, but can be welded or thermal epoxied
- • Fin material should match base material to ensure CTE match and longer product lifetimes in thermal cycling environments
- • Holes and Cutouts require EDM wire cuts